Friday, February 15, 2008

Chapter 1 Introduction to Travel

I love to travel. Poverty did not hinder me from travelling and seeing new places. I would save a little for the fare that I need and then zoom! Off I go...

Travelling is a great teacher. It teaches us to see worlds other than the ones that we have known since birth. It introduces us not only to new places but also to new customs, new culture, different people, etc. It enhances our whole being, it adds new meaning to our lives and it lets us see predicaments other than our own. Travelling also heals whatever emotional wounds we are nursing and gives us a broader perspective in life by taking us to places beautiful or ugly, affluent or poor.

I never tire of travelling. I like seeing new places even if it means I have to pack my suitcase every three days or so or even if it means I have to leave my love ones behind for a few days up to a month or so. And then I would come back refreshed and once more appreciate the only place I call my home.

Of all the places I have visited, my favorite is Southeast Asia. Not too hot, not too cold but the people always remain warm and the colorful culture never cease to amaze me.

No comments: